Conditional Rice Straw Burn Permit

Spring 2020 Rice Straw Burning Information

We are currently accepting applications for 2019-2020 Conditional Rice Straw Burning Permit Registration.

On July 26, 2019, letters were sent to former participants in the rice straw burn permit registration program along with application forms and associated documentation.  Rice registration appointments are not required; growers are requested to register their fields by mailing completed registration forms to the District.  Please note, burn permit fees were amended July 1, 2017.  The new amounts are listed on the application forms.  If you would like to submit your registration information electronically, would prefer an appointment, or if you have any questions or concerns about the registration process, please contact the District and speak with the on-duty inspector or with Kelly Towne at 332-9400 extension 105.

NOTE:  Failure to register your fields prior to harvesting will delay placement on the ready-to-burn list (and priority for burning) until after the registration process has been completed.

To verify that your registered fields were reported as harvested and/or to check their list position, click here: by list number or by grower.

Information and Forms:

Informational Sheet provides information regarding burn permit registration and regulations regarding swapping fields/modifying a permit.

2019 Conditional Rice Straw Burn Permit must be completed and provided to District either in person or via mail along with $90 fee and Rice Burn Data Sheets.  Contact the District for copies of Rice Burn Data Sheets (these are grower/farm-specific).

Field Crop Registration Form must be completed if last year’s Rice Burn Data sheet is not available or if adding fields.

Butte County Agricultural Burning Zone Map to be used if needed to indicate location of fields and to identify in which zone(s) fields are located.

Burn List Swap Procedures provides information regarding District policy/procedures regarding swaps.  This information is now also on the Rice Straw Burn Permit (page 2).

Air Quality Burn Permit must be completed for ditch/weed or other non-rice ag burning.

For more information regarding rice registration, contact Ursula Parker at (530) 332-9400, extension 104.

Comments are closed.